United States Delegation Working
[ Babelsberg ,] July 24, 1945.
U. S. Position on Removals From Austria
Removals of property from Austria, whether as war booty, reparations, restitution, exports, or otherwise shall be limited to the following:
- Finished war material, not including equipment used to produce war material.
- Such equipment especially adapted to the production of arms, ammunition, and implements of war, as may be approved by the Control Council.
- Restitution of identifiable art, religious, historical, educational or cultural objects, and such other identifiable property as may be approved by the Control Council.
- Exports which are paid for in currencies acceptable to the Control Council[.]
- Authorship not indicated.↩