Coordinating Committee to the Members of the Committee Panel at
Memorandum for Mr. Dunn
Subject: Proposed Statutes for Allied Control Commission for Hungary.
- Reference: JCS 1416 Series
- SWNCC 151 Series
The attached memorandum to the Secretary of State, embodying a report by the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the SWNCC on the proposed Statutes for the Allied Control Commission for Hungary is circulated for informal consideration.
It is requested that you indicate your comments or concurrence.1
Colonel, G. S. C. Acting Secretary S. W. N. C[. C.]
- Approval was given by the War and Navy Department members of the SWNCC panel at the Conference. The Department of State member withheld approval, however, because the matter was under negotiation at the Conference. See document No. 824. The draft statutes in the subattachment to document No. 808 were approved in Washington, however, following the Conference, and on August 16 they were sent to the American members of the Allied Control Commissions in Hungary, Rumania, and Bulgaria, with instructions to initiate discussions on the revision of the Commission statutes in each country and to press for adoption of the points covered in the draft statutes for Hungary in so far as possible.↩
- See vol. i, document No. 289, enclosure 1.↩
- See the subattachment to document No. 808.↩
- See document No. 808.↩
- This typed signature appears on the draft memorandum.↩