The Assistant to the Secretary of State ( Bohlen ) to the Assistant Secretary of State ( Dunn )1
Memorandum for Mr. Dunn
Molotov this morning outlined to the President and the Secretary the following additional points which the Soviet Government intends to place on the Agenda:
- Question of Tangier[.]
- The Levant[.]
- The Disposition of the Captured German Naval and Merchant Vessels.
- Franco Regime.
- On this point Stalin says that in the view of the Soviet Government the Franco Government was not native to Spain but had been imposed [Page 47] by the Axis Government[s] and as such was harmful to the United Nations. Some measure should be devised whereby the Franco Regime would be eliminated.
- Polish Question.
- The continued existence of the London Government.
- The western frontiers of Poland.
- Trusteeship for the U. S. S. R.
- Stalin said that this is not a question of changing the regime of trusteeship which was set up at San Francisco but the question of the division under trusteeship of Italian colonies and perhaps certain mandated areas.
- Relationship with the Former Axis Satellite States.
The Secretary would like to have you study these questions in preparation for the Soviet presentation.
- Printed from a carbon copy on which there is an uncertified typed signature.↩