Proposal by the Soviet
[Babelsberg, July 24, 1945.2]
Regarding Reparations From Italy
- To establish the total sums of reparations from Italy at $600,000,000.
- Italy must bear the expense of the established reparations over a period of six years with deliveries of products of Italian industry and agriculture.
- Reparations from Italy must serve as compensation of losses caused by the participation of Italy in the war to the Soviet Union, Great Britain, the United States of America, Yugoslavia, Greece and Albania.
- Enclosure 2 to the Rapporteur’s report of the Ninth Meeting of the Foreign Ministers, July 27. See ante, pp. 446– 447. This proposal was submitted, however, at the Seventh Meeting of the Foreign Ministers, July 24. See ante, p. 323.↩
- A translation in the Pauley Files is so dated. Cf. footnote 1, supra.↩