States Representatives on the Economic Subcommittee
to the Secretary of State1
Report to the Secretary on the Work of the Economic Subcommittee
There is attached the Third Report of the Economic Subcommittee to the Foreign Ministers.
With respect to the question of German external assets, the U. S. and U. K. recommended the inclusion in the Economic Principles3 of the following:
“18. Appropriate steps shall be taken by the Control Council to exercise control and the power of disposition over German owned [Page 964]external assets not already under the control of United Nations which have taken part in the war against Germany.”
We also recommended that appropriate reference to this matter be made in the communiqué.
The Soviet representatives, while stating that they had very little interest in the matter, reserved their position pending a study of the entire problem.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
- Printed from an unsigned copy prepared by the United States Delegation at Babelsberg.↩
- For the other sections of this report, see document No. 891.↩
- Attachment to document No. 863.↩
- For the other sections of this report, see the attachment to document No. 891, and document No. 1325.↩
- This report was presented at the Eleventh Meeting of the Foreign Ministers, August 1. See ante, p. 562.↩
- See document No. 1000.↩
- See documents Nos. 872, 873, 875, and 876.↩