255. Telegram 4455 from Agency personnel in Nicaragua to CIA, April 191
CITE [less than 1 line not declassified]
[less than 1 line not declassified]
1. Concur, already under way. Two B–26’s schedule out every two hours to work all roads leading into beachhead. C–54 being loaded with 55 gallon drums of napalm. Also to hit beachroads and MSR’s (main supply roads) approaching beach.[Typeset Page 617]
2. All above crews will be American. Cuban crews nearly broken without at least 12 to 24 hrs off.
3. Above efforts will continue through tomorrow but very concerned re lack of effective Navy air cover. Tonites B–26 mission were met at the 12 mile limit inbound and outbound. Beach repts enemy aircraft made passes on beach while Navy A/C remained at high altitude. If this procedure used in the morning Hqtrs can expect to lose some American crews.
End of message
- B–26 bombing schedule. Top Secret. 1 p. CIA Files: Job 85–00664R, Box 4, Vol I.↩