256. Telegram 7237 from CIA to Agency personnel in Nicaragua, April 191
Flash. To Air Commander.[Facsimile Page 1]
1. Positive aggressive Navy air support and cover granted for one hour 11:30Z to 12:30Z 19 April.
2. All enemy forces on approaches leading into Playa Giron Airfield should be attacked.
3. Supply aircraft will also receive escort for this period.
4. Main purpose is hope to catch enemy aircraft in area.
5. Follow on air strikes as indicated in your message tide 879 desired.
6. Please advise plan.
7. Essential make best use opportunity this one hour period.
8. Small boat will be resupplying beach avoid attack.
- Navy air support and cover granted for 1 hour. Top Secret. 1 p. CIA, DDO/LA/COG Files: Job 82–00679R, Box 3, Gen Maxwell Taylor, Green Study Group, Vol II.↩