257. Telegram 7238 from CIA to Agency personnel in Nicaragua, April 191
RYBAT [less than 1 line not declassified] COMMO.
Pass following EMERGENCY to brigade:
1. We can continue to furnish logistic support by air.
2. Cannot furnish jet air cover now.
3. We plan to provide T–33 jet fighter support within estimated two days.
4. If you feel you cannot hold position, let us know now so we can evacuate brigade tonight. Ships moving into position for possible evacuation, we await your decision.
(End of message)
- Message to brigade re U.S. logistic support. Secret. 1 p. CIA/DDO/LA/COG Files: Job 82–00679R, Box 3, Gen Maxwell Taylor, Green Study Group, Vol II.↩