Minutes of the Eighth Meeting of the Air Committee9
The eighth Air Committee Meeting of the Bi-Lateral Staff Conversations between Bolivia and the United States was held at 2:00 PM, at the Ministry of Defense Building, La Paz, Bolivia, 30 March 1945.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Bolivian and American representatives proceeded with the final discussion of the Bi-Lateral Staff Conversations.
The Bolivian representatives furnished the final information which was pending to the American representative. This included the following required items:
- Proposed Organization of the Bolivian Air Force
- Meteorology Equipment Needed by the Bolivian Air Force
- Communications Equipment Needed by the Bolivian Air Force
- Night Lighting Facilities Needed by the Bolivian Air Force
- Complete list of obsolete material now in possession of Bolivian Air Force
In addition, the Bolivian representatives furnished the American representative a list, which they stated were agreements that had been arrived at during these conversations. This list was read and translated to the American representative who commented on each request made therein. The requests in general were as follows:
- That the American Government assist Bolivia in obtaining aviation fuel until the oil fields located in Bolivia could be developed.
- That the American Government assist in establishing the Petroleum Industry in Bolivia.
- That the American Government assist and supervise in the construction of required air bases in Bolivia.
With no further business for discussion the final meeting of the Air Committee adjourned at 3:30 PM, 30 March 1945.