Memorandum Prepared in the Office of Dependent Area Affairs
Suggested Topics for Informal Consultations on Dependent Area Questions Arising in the United Nations
a. general questions
1. Basic views of the United States and ______ with respect to questions involving non-self-governing peoples and the treatment of such questions in the United Nations.
2. Relationship of the General Assembly (Committee Four) to the Trusteeship Council and to the Special Committee on Information Transmitted under Article 73(e) of the Charter.
3. The functioning of the Trusteeship Council.
4. The functioning of the Special Committee on Information Transmitted under Article 73(e) of the Charter.
b. specific questions
1. South West Africa
2. Italian participation in the Trusteeship Council
3. General Assembly consideration of Trusteeship Council procedures
4. The transmission of political information under Article 73(e)
5. The question of “the factors which should be taken into account in deciding whether a territory is or is not a territory whose peoples have not yet achieved a full measure of self-government”
6. The Ewe problem1