File No. 763.72/11342b
The Secretary of State to the Chargé in China (MacMurray)
Washington, September 5, 1918, 5 p.m.
For immediate transmission to Irkutsk:
Please cable Department the following:
- The number of Russian military forces cooperating with the Czechs west of Irkutsk, including European Russia;
- Their organization and to what extent it is developed;
- Their supplies, what they are and how obtained;
- Their morale;
- Whether they are subject to proper military discipline;
- Whether they are representative of the real sentiment of the Siberian people;
- Who are their leaders.
Cable preliminary report at once.