13. National Security Decision Memorandum 41
- The Vice President
- The Secretary of State
- The Secretary of the Treasury
- The Secretary of Defense
- The Secretary of Agriculture
- The Secretary of Commerce
- The Administrator of the Agency for International Development
- The Director of Central Intelligence
- The Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff
- The Director of the U.S. Information Agency
- The Director of the Bureau of the Budget
- The Director of the Office of Emergency Preparedness
- Program Analyses
The President has directed the preparation of a series of program analyses for designated countries and regions. These analyses will be used as the basis for National Security Council discussion and decision on policy and program issues and, where appropriate, will be related to existing programming activities.
These studies shall be performed under the supervision of a permanent program analysis staff under the National Security Council. The staff shall consist primarily of personnel on assignment from the relevant agencies and responsible to the Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs. It shall work in close cooperation with similar staffs within the various departments and agencies and the Bureau of the Budget.
Each study shall be performed by an ad hoc group made up of (1) personnel on temporary assignment from the relevant agencies; and (2) members of the program analysis staff. The chairman of each group shall be appointed by the Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs in consultation with the Secretary of State. Studies will be made available to the departments concerned for their information and for comment prior to National Security Council consideration.
- Source: National Archives, Nixon Presidential Materials, NSC Files, NSC Institutional Files (H-Files), Box H–209, National Security Decision Memoranda, NSDM 4. No classification marking.↩