J. C. S. Files
Memorandum by the Representatives of the British
Chiefs of Staff
C. C. S. 880
C. C. S. 880
[ Washington ,] 15 June 1945.
Agenda for the Next United States–British Staff Conference
- The British Chiefs of Staff put forward the following tentative
outline agenda for the next United States-British Staff Conference:—
- Progress reports on operations in the Pacific and Southeast Asia Command (SEAC).
- Estimate of Japanese situation.
- Development of operations in the Pacific.
- British participation in the war against Japan.
- Directive to the Supreme Allied Commander, Southeast Asia Command.
- Control and command of the war against Japan.
- Russian participation in the war against Japan.
- French, Dutch, and Portuguese participation in the war against Japan.
- Planning date for the end of the war against Japan.
- Over-all priorities.
- As to the preparation of papers, the British Chiefs of Staff assume that the United States Chiefs of Staff would deal with items 3, 7, 8, and 9. They themselves would be prepared to table papers on items 4, 5, and 6, and will probably wish to comment on C. C. S. 8771 under item 10. They suggest that the Combined Intelligence Committee should be asked to prepare a report on item 2.
- The British Chiefs of Staff would be glad to have the reactions of the United States Chiefs of Staff to the above which is, of course, purely provisional at this stage.