1. See also subjects under China and Russia.
- Alleged discriminations against Japanese nationals in the United States—Conversations in Washington regarding a possible modification of the “Gentlemen’s Agreement”—Passage of the California land law, November 2, 1920 (Documents 1-11)
- Exchange of notes between the United States and the Japanese Governments expressing regret for the incidents of March 11, 12, and 13, 1919, at Tientsin13 (Documents 12-15)
- Taxation by Japanese authorities of American residents in the South Manchuria Railway zone:22 Arrangements for the payment of voluntary contributions (Documents 16-19)
- Termination of temporary acquiescence by the United States in the Japanese passport regulations for the South Manchuria Railway zone (Documents 20-33)
- Refusal by American schools in Korea to assist the Japanese police in punishing political agitation among the students (Documents 34-37)