- Uprising against foreigners (Documents 79-133)
- The Siege and relief of the legations at Pekin
- Massacre of foreigners and native Christians. (Documents 134-166)
- Negotiations with China for settlement and reparation (Documents 167-247)
- Uprising against Foreigners.
- Siege of Tientsin (Document 287)
- Correspondence with the Chinese Minister.
- Uprising against foreigners. (Documents 288-314)
- Negotiations for the restoration of order (Documents 315-332)
- Letters from the Emperor of China and the President’s replies (Documents 333-336)
- Punishment of guilty Chinese officials (Documents 337-342)
- Negotiations of the Powers for the restoration of order in China.
- Consular jurisdiction at Chinese ports leased to foreign powers (Documents 508-512)
- Passports of missionaries in China (Documents 513-514)
- Protection of Chinese employees of American citizens (Documents 515-518)
- Exclusion laws; extension to Philippine Islands1 (Documents 519-520)
- Condolences on Galveston disaster (Documents 521-522)