Mr. Sherman to Mr. May.


By note dated 18th and received yesterday afternoon, British ambassador states readiness of British Government to renew arrangement of ‘94 for putting firearms under seal at request of masters, but that it can not agree to proposal to examine skins on landing. Copy mailed you to-day. Advise Foster as soon as he lands, so that he may wait at London until copy arrives.