8. Letter From the Special Advisor to the President for Science and Technology (Press) to Secretary of Defense Brown1
Attached is a report prepared by the Office of Science and Technology Policy Space Advisory Group on the anti-satellite issue. Their [Page 27]recommendations are that the US acquire an electronic as well as a non-nuclear interference capability. In light of current discussions, you will likely find the report of interest. This group also has completed its review on space based radars that you requested.2 I will forward this report to you separately.
- Source: Washington National Records Center, OSD Files: FRC 330–80–0017, Box 56, 471.96 (Aug–10 Nov) 1977. Secret. A stamped notation at the top of the page reads: “SEC DEF HAS SEEN.” In the upper right-hand corner, Brown wrote “9/10. AF should also get a copy. HB.”↩
- Not found.↩
- Press signed “Frank” above this typed signature.↩
- Secret. The date is handwritten.↩
- See footnote 15, Document 6.↩