330. Telegram 729 From the Embassy in Guatemala to the Department of State1 2
Guatemala City, March 6, 1970, 2103Z
1. Have just confirmed that Sean Holly, Labor Officer, kidnapped approximately 1430 by 4 armed masked men in zone 4. His car found abandoned with his jacket and identity papers.
2. Further details as available.
- Source: National Archives, Nixon Presidential Materials, NSC Files, Box 785, Country Files, Latin America, Guatemala, Vol. I. Confidential; Critic; Limited Official Use. In telegram 746 from Guatemala City, March 7, the Embassy forwarded a transcript of a FAR bulletin in which the guerrillas claimed responsibility for Holly’s kidnapping and threatened to execute him if the Guatemalan Government failed to release four imprisoned FAR guerrillas. (Ibid., RG 59, Central Files 1970–73, POL 23–8 GUAT)↩
- The Embassy reported that Labor Officer Sean Holly had been kidnapped.↩