143. Memorandum for the Record1
Washington, November 28, 1975.
- Approvals by Higher Authority
On 28 November 1975, higher authority reviewed the recommendations of The 40 Committee on Angola2 and approved the following:
- • Release of [dollar amount not declassified] from the CIA Reserve Fund.
- • [3 lines not declassified]
- • Deployment of Redeyes and TOWs in the event SA–7’s and French anti-tank missiles are not available, subject to submission of the necessary review cited by JCS as to possible compromise of advanced U.S. technology before TOWs are deployed.
Rob Roy Ratliff
The 40 Committee