The Secretary of State to the United States Mission at the United Nations
15. Fol is revision of proposed SC draft res in connection with the Korean problem:
Having determined that the armed attack upon the ROK by forces from North Korea constitutes a breach of the peace,[Page 301]
Heving recommended that Members of the UN furnish such assistance to the ROK as may be necessary to repel the armed attack and to restore internatl peace and security in the area.
- Welcomes the prompt and vigorous support which Govts and peoples of the UN have given to its ress of 25 and 27 June 1950 to assist the ROK in defending itself against armed attack and to restore peace and security in the area;
- Notes that Members of the UN have transmitted to the UN offers of assistance for the ROK;
- Recommends that all Members providing mil forces and other assistance pursuant to the aforesaid SC ress make such forces and other assistance available to a unified command under the US;
- Requests the US to designate the Commander of such forces;
- Authorizes the unified command and the armed forces of Member States under it to use the UN flag in addition to their own;
- Requests the US to provide the SC with periodic reports on the course of action taken under the unified command;
Establishes a SC Comite composed of Reps of
——— Members of the Council to be appointed by the Pres:
- To receive offers of assistance for the ROK transmitted to the UN, to communicate these to the unified command, and to inform the ROK.
- To receive the periodic reports requested in Para (6) above.
- To advise the SC concerning action taken by Members in support of its ress.
- Requests the SYG to act as Rapporteur of the Comite.