The Secretary of State to the Consul General at Hamilton (Beck)
70. Department’s 60, April 10 and previous. The following will comprise the United States Delegation to the Refugee Conference:
- Harold Willis Dodds, Ph.D., President, Princeton University; Chairman.
- The Honorable Scott W. Lucas, President Pro Tempore of the United States Senate.
- The Honorable Sol Bloom, Chairman, Committee on Foreign Affairs, House of Representatives.
Secretary of the Delegation:
- Mr. R. Borden Reams, Foreign Service Officer, Department of State.
- Mr. Howard Bucknell, Jr., Assistant Chief, Division of Current Information, Department of State.
- Mr. Robert C. Alexander, Assistant Chief, Visa Division, Department of State.
- Mr. George Backer, of New York, 21 East Fifty-second Street, New York, New York.
- Mr. Julian B. Foster, Foreign Service Officer, Department of State.
- Mr. Lloyd Lewis, of Chicago.
- Mr. George Warren, Office of Foreign Relief and Rehabilitation Operations, Department of State.
Stenographers and Clerks (from the Department
- Miss Nancy C. White;
- Miss Theresa M. Takacs;
- Miss Jane F. Finn;
- Miss Mary Louise Meyer.
Code Clerks: (Two from the Department of
- Mr. John W. Burnette;
- Mr. H. C. Roser.
Important. Please give no publicity to the name, title, or Delegation function of anyone except the three Delegates and Secretary Reams. If necessary you may state however that “The Delegates will be accompanied by several Technical Assistants”. All names of course may be given in confidence to the appropriate Bermudan authorities for their information and to facilitate landing.
Delegation scheduled to leave La Guardia Airport Friday, April 16 at 10 a.m. arriving about 2:30 p.m.[Page 152]
The following newspaper correspondents will arrive on the above flight:
- Robert Edward Vivain, Reuters;
- H. O. Thompson, United Press;
- Richard Massock, Associated Press;
- Mrs. Ida Landau, Overseas News Agency;
- Miss Lee Carson, International News Service.