The Minister Resident in Ethiopia (Engert) to the Secretary of State
[Received May 4—4:06 p.m.]
285. British Legation was apparently unable to get in touch with us. Feel confident we can at least hold out until tomorrow as the situation has not changed for the worse since this afternoon. Owing to rain perhaps even slightly improved. Government buildings of old Ghibbi appear to be on fire.
My staff behaving splendidly despite great strain.