The Secretary of State to President Roosevelt 15a
My Dear Mr. President: I requested Judge Walton Moore and William Bullitt each to prepare a memorandum on the more important conditions and understandings that might be considered significant in connection with the development of plans for the recognition of the Russian Government. These two memoranda are attached hereto for whatever the information may be worth.
- Photostatic copy obtained from the Franklin D. Roosevelt Library, Hyde Park, N.Y.↩
- Ray Atherton, Counselor of Embassy at London. No such communication from him found in Department files.↩
- Oetgen vs Central Leather Co. 246 U. S. 297. [Footnote in the original.]↩
- Filed separately under 711.61/289⅔.↩
- For account of these American expeditions, see Foreign Relations, 1918, Russia, vol. ii, pp. 1 ff.; ibid., 1919, Russia, pp. 195 ff.↩