Edward M. House Papers
Memorandum [by the Secretary of State] of Subjects To Be Dealt With in the Preliminary Treaty of Peace
February 14, 1919.
- Restoration of Peace and official relations.
- Restoration of commercial and financial relations subject to conditions stated.
- Renunciation by Germany of all territory and territorial rights outside of Europe.
- Minimum territory of Germany in Europe, the boundaries to be finally determined in the Definitive Treaty.
- Maximum military and naval establishments which Germany will be permitted to maintain, including production of munitions.
- Total amount of money and property to be surrendered by Germany for reparation of losses with time limit for payment and delivery.
- German territory and property to be held as security by the Allied and Associated Powers for the faithful performance of the undertakings by Germany until the Definitive Peace is ratified.
- Declaration of approval of the League of Nations.