Paris Peace Conf. 184.0z01101/7
Minutes of Meeting of the Steering Committee, July 12, 1919, at 2 p.m.
- Dr. James Brown Scott
- Col. U. S. Grant
- Prof. Johnson
- Mr. L. Harrison
- Mr. J. F. Dulles
- The following resolutions were made:
- It is recommended that the following resolution be sent by the
Secretary-General of the Commission to persons involved or
likely to be interested in it:
“Attention is called to the fact that there is sitting, under the authority of the Supreme Council, a Committee on the Execution of the Treaty with Germany. This Committee is taking up those provisions of the Treaty which require prompt executive action and is recommending to the Supreme Council the procedure to be followed, and, in case[s] where the Treaty is ambiguous, is recommending an agreed interpretation of the Treaty.
“Persons desiring to have any subject of interest to the United States placed on the Agenda, or who feel that the interests of the United States require a particular construction or procedure under the Treaty, are requested to communicate with Mr. John Foster Dulles, the American member of the Committee in question.”
- The Committee recommends that an organization chart or diagram be prepared and distributed to all the members of the Committee for their information and guidance.
- It was moved and seconded that the Commissioners be requested to detail Mr. A. W. Dulles as permanent Secretary of the Steering Committee.
- The meeting adjourned at 2:40 PM.