230. Information Memorandum From the Director General of the Foreign Service and Director of Personnel (Barnes) to Secretary of State Vance 1
- Monthly Status Report on Affirmative Action Programs
In your recent meeting with the Executive Level Task Force on Affirmative Action,2 you asked to be kept informed on a monthly basis of the progress of our two hiring programs. This is the first such report.
For the November Class, 6 Junior and 2 Mid-Level Officers have entered on duty. We are now in the process of extending offers to candidates for the January 1980 Class.
I have attached a summary of where we stand in our intensified efforts to enhance our recruitment and selection postures.
- Source: National Archives, RG 59, Records of the Under Secretary for Management (M), 1978–1979, Box 9, Chron November 9–17, 1979. No classification marking. Sent through Read. Printed from an unsigned copy.↩
- No minutes of this meeting were found.↩
- No classification marking. Cleared by Gershenson, who did not initial the clearance line. Copies were sent to Burroughs, Gershenson, Ronald Palmer, Clint Lauderdale, Karl Ackerman.↩