87. National Security Action Memorandum No. 2881
Washington, March 17, 1964.
- The Secretary of State
- The Secretary of Defense
- The Secretary of the Treasury
- The Attorney General
- The Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff
- The Director of Central Intelligence
- The Director, United States Information Agency
- The Director, Bureau of the Budget
- The Administrator, Agency for International Development
- Implementation of South Vietnam Programs
- The report of Secretary McNamara dated March 16, 1964 was considered and approved by the President in a meeting of the National Security Council on March 17. All agencies concerned are directed to proceed energetically with the execution of the recommendations of that report.
- The President, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Defense, has designated the Assistant Secretary of State for Far Eastern Affairs to coordinate the execution of the recommendations in the report.
- Source: Johnson Library, National Security File, NSAMs. Secret↩