Prime Minister Churchill to President Truman1
Thank you for your message through the American Embassy of December 15th.2 We shall doubtless be discussing further the detailed arrangements. The general list of topics we have in mind is shown below. We should be glad to receive, as you suggest, the list which you are having prepared.
Topics for Discussion in Washington
- Organisation of the West for defence (including economic and organisational questions).
- The European Army.
- The Atlantic and other Commands.
- The strategic air plans and the use of the atomic weapon.
- Technical co-operation in atomic energy.
- A rifle.
- Foreign Affairs.
- General survey.
- Policy towards the Soviet Union.
- Far East.
- South East Asia.
- Middle East.
- Atlantic Community.
- Economic Questions.
- The economic position and problems of the United Kingdom.
- Steel and equipment.