93. Telegram From Operation PBSUCCESS Headquarters in Florida to the Central Intelligence Agency1
[place not declassified], January 31, 1954, 1928Z.
321. Re: DIR 36511, para 1C; GUAT 022, 043, 046.2
- KUFIRE estimates compromise from Delgado’s intercepts while acting as courier may be considerable judging from foll items which appeared in White Paper.
- Delgado and others as indicated fully aware of
foll items according to debriefing of Seekford and Calligeris:
- Shipment of arms known by Delgado, Col Somoza, Pres Somoza and Capt Sierra.
- Letter from Calligeris to Pres Somoza known by Delgado, Capt Sierra. Seekford did not have knowledge letter.
- Calligeris’ Nicaraguan passport in name of Carlos Centeno know by Delgado, Pres Somoza, Capt Sierra.
- Calligeris military plan known by Delgado, Sierra, Secant: Plan same as 1949, 1951 plan. Seekford claims this is not Calligeris’ plan but is plan belonging to Ydigoras Fuentes. This plan probably given to WSBURNT police by SECANT as cover story per previous agreement with Calligeris.
- KUHOOK TRG on [less than 1 line of source text not declassified], code name El Diablo; [less than 1 line of source text not declassified], code name Taptap; airfield near Puerto Cabezas known by Delgado, Pres Somoza, Col Somoza, Sierra, and Penny Rogers who flew Seekford in plane for recon of sites.
- Seekford photo and passport known by many, surely known by Delgado, according to Calligeris.
- Location of established ham, semi-clandestine radio stations, frequencies, call letters known by Delgado, Sierra, commo commission Honduras and a certain Fernando Conterras, according to Calligeris.
- Archie Baldocchi allegedly offered “sea fire” planes $20,000 each. Known only by Delgado. This info from both Calligeris and Seekford [(telegram indicator not declassified] 0852 (IN 45599)).
- SEQUIN known by Delgado, SECANT, most of group in WSBURNT. Calligeris knows nothing of $2,000 paid Ticas by Rubion.
- Calligeris knew nothing about 15 radio operators whom an identified Salvadoran requested Sinicaldi to obtain.
- Other info that may be in hands Arbenz forces but has not yet appeared in press:
- Black flight known by Delgado, Col Somoza, Pres Somoza, Sierra, people who unloaded plane and army personnel at airfield.
- With SECANT’s capture it very possible that through torture WSBURNT possesses info on military net directly under SECANT.
- American group financially supporting movement known to most of Calligeris’ immediate staff; undoubtedly known by Delgado.
- Whereabouts of Calligeris can be easily ascertained by anyone checking airlines.
- Because of GUAT 022, GUAT 043, Delgado’s extensive knowledge of all that appeared in White Paper and oral report from Seekford that source in WSBURNT G–2 reported on 27 Jan that he had seen photostats of two documents carried by Delgado in WSBURNT G–2 office. LINCOLN must presently consider Delgado as double agent.