259. Telegram From Operation PBSUCCESS Headquarters in Florida to the Mission Broadcasting Station1
[place not declassified], June 29, 1954, 1631Z.
4515. Re: LINC 4510.2 For Cadick.
- Do not be influenced by cry of hoax as we shall retain power of retaliation until Calligeris position is secure. [2 lines of source text not declassified] Regret we unable to fully inform you of every detail therefore you must keep confidence throughout this difficult period.
- Your complete compliance to ref msg is mandatory.
- Modification of use of A/C: You may re-supply field forces to extent necessary to maintain effectiveness while awaiting final decision. [Page 404]Use armed fighter A/C for recon for defensive purposes. Instruct air and ground to be particularly alert for withdrawal enemy units to Adam as such action would violate cease-fire principle of troops in place. Important that enemy not take advantage of cease-fire in any way. Report violations before taking action.
- Clear all plans and significant actions with LINC until further notice.
- Report your compliance ref msg soonest.