258. Telegram From Operation PBSUCCESS Headquarters in Florida to the Mission Broadcasting Station1
[place not declassified], June 29, 1954, 1359Z.
4510. Command msg for Cadick.
- Junta taken over by Col. Monzon, believed friendly, who desires Calligeris to indicate soonest his cease-fire hour and Monzon will issue official cease-fire same time.
- Also Calligeris to indicate what hour he willing to meet Monzon in DTFROGS to discuss terms.
- Advise soonest of above meanwhile use your best efforts to hold position, suspend attack and specifically order all A/C keep away from Adam until authorized. Use A/C only for recon over Zacapa complex.
- Comply soonest. Avoid needless bloodshed.
- Source: Central Intelligence Agency, Job 79–01025A, Box 6, Folder 7. Secret; Operational Immediate; RYBAT; PBSUCCESS. Repeated to the Director of Central Intelligence and Station Chiefs in Guatemala and [place not declassified].↩