180. Telegram From the Central Intelligence Agency to Operation PBSUCCESS Headquarters in Florida1
Washington, June 12, 1954, 1739Z.
- KMFLUSH Ambassador has closed deal with ODACID for three F–47. Down payment will be made and title transferred 14 or 15 June.
- Planes will be “processed” prior delivery which we take to mean bringing maintenance completely up to date. On this basis delivery possible by 22 or 23 June. If completely rehabilitated with engines rebuilt would require considerably longer.
- KMFLUSH Ambassador here insisting on having planes in “perfect condition”. ODACID urging him accept “processed” planes with understanding they will be rehabilitated if any difficulties develop within 90 days.
- Arrangement presently being worked out between KMFLUSH Ambassador and ODACID calls for delivery by ODUNIT in Miami and KMFLUSH to fly from there with “American pilots under contract.” We are not attempting alter this arrangement. Planes originate Puerto Rico and could probably be turned over there if preferable.
- Realize delivery 23 June later than you desire but believe the machinery cannot be made to turn over any faster.