157. Telegram From Operation PBSUCCESS Headquarters in Florida to the CIA Station in Guatemala1
[place not declassified], May 20, 1954.
2890. Ref: GUAT 602.2
- Inadvisable disclose our relationship with ESQUIRE to Calligeris, especially in view [name not declassified]–Calligeris hostility. Basic compartmentation between Calligeris and K–Program must be kept.
- Assure ESQUIRE we will keep him out of Calligeris black book at proper time.
- LINC not contacting Calligeris on this matter. Will inform you if Calligeris volunteers anything.
- ESQUIRE not to disclose any operational details to [name not declassified].
- Keep ESQUIRE in WSBURNT as long as operationally necessary and feasible.