265. Telegram From the Central Intelligence Agency [text not declassified]1
DIR 16044. Re: [less than 1 line not declassified] (CIA officer).
1. Request you report immediately info re: whereabouts Shah, feasibility establishing covert contact; surveillance and protection by Iraq Govt.
2. Send info copies all messages to STEHE and [less than 1 line not declassified] (CIA officer) and use indicator.[Page 673]
3. Above info should be acquired in such a way as not reveal our intention contact Shah. Security of paramount importance as Iran situation most explosive. Do not make any effort to contact Shah.
End of message.
- Source: Central Intelligence Agency. Secret; Operational Immediate. Transcribed specifically for the Foreign Relations series from microfilm in the Central Intelligence Agency that no longer exists. See “Sources” chapter.↩