183. Memorandum From the Acting Director of the Psychological Strategy Board (Morgan) to Director of Central Intelligence Dulles 1
- Psychological Measures in Connection with NSC 136/1
The Department of State has requested that the Psychological Strategy Board supervise the preparation of plans for specific psychological measures in connection with NSC 136/1. This is in line with the progress report of the Department of State on Paragraph 5(a) of NSC 136/1.2 It has further recommended that there be established a special panel for this purpose.
Please inform me if this recommendation meets with your approval and if you wish to be represented on the panel.3
- Source: Central Intelligence Agency, Office of the Director of Intelligence, Job 80R01731R, Box 33, Folder 1095, DCI/PSB. Confidential; Security Information.↩
- Document 180.↩
- DCI Dulles responded to Morgan in an April 23 memorandum stating that “it is my understanding that the panel will be concerned with the preparation of plans for overt psychological action and that CIA’s plan will be contained in a separate covert annex, which will be referred to the NSC 10/2 representative for approval.” (Central Intelligence Agency, Office of the Director of Intelligence, Job 80R01731R, Box 33, Folder 1095, DCI/PSB)↩
- Printed from a copy that bears this typed signature.↩