195. Information Report Prepared in the Central Intelligence Agency1
- Activities of Anti-Mossadeq Groups
- [2 lines not declassified]
1. The opposition to Mossadeq was “greatly discouraged” by the American Embassy’s statement regarding the Shiraz incident,2 but is continuing its efforts to unseat the Prime Minister.
2. The Shah promised “two weeks ago” to give financial aid to General Fazullah Zahedi but to date no aid has been received.
3. Dr. Mossafar Baghai has joined Zahedi against Mossadeq.
- Source: Central Intelligence Agency, DDI Files, Job 80–00810A, Box 11, Folder 27, CS Information Reports 8550–8559. Secret; Security Information; Control—U.S. Officials Only.↩
- Washington Comment. On 20 April the American Embassy in Tehran issued a press statement to the effect that United States policy toward Iran has not changed as a result of the Shiraz incident. [Footnote is in the original.]↩