185. Information Report Prepared in the Central Intelligence Agency1
Washington, April 6, 1953.
- Tudeh Instructions Concerning Activities in Case of Anti-Mossadeq Coup
- [2 lines not declassified]
Tudeh Party weekly instructions for “this week” included the following:
1. Be on the alert for a possible coup d’état attempt by the Royal Court and the group in opposition to Mossadeq.
2. In case trouble develops, be ready to “protect” the Mossadeq Government because the Party does not yet deem circumstances favorable for seizure of power.
3. Agitate everywhere for a single anti-imperialistic front but avoid any statement which might tend to arouse the people against Mossadeq.2