120. Telegram From the Station in Iran to the Central Intelligence Agency1
TEHE 061. Ref TEHE 060 (IN 33256).2 Source: [less than 1 line not declassified]. Eval: F–3. Dissem: [less than 1 line not declassified].
1. During latter part August source was told separately by [1½ lines not declassified] that Kashani definitely planning Mossadegh overthrow. These [less than 1 line not declassified] individuals who currently cooperating with Kashani are themselves involved in plan.
2. Timing of plan not known by source although it believed to be scheduled shortly after Kashani’s return to Iran. Immediately prior Kashani’s departure for Mecca he sent word to PriMin via Deputy Majlis President Razavi warning PriMin to expect his opposition, if something were not done to alleviate situation Iran.
3. Kashani is relying heavily on his Majlis support to cause Mossadegh overthrow. It source opinion Kashani will also have Tudeh street support.
4. For Wash only: [less than 1 line not declassified].
A. [less than 1 line not declassified] [1 paragraph (2½ lines) not declassified]
B. [1 paragraph (5 lines) not declassified][Page 337]
C. Station feels that above info could be true in view confirmation per ref, and should be taken seriously [less than 1 line not declassified].