CFM Files: Lot M–88: Box 61: CFM/ATC (47) Documents
Proposal Agreed Upon by the Austrian Treaty Commission19
CFM/ATC (47) 15
CFM/ATC (47) 15
19th June, 1947.
Future Work of the Austrian Treaty Commission and the Committee of Experts
- During its examination of the unagreed Articles of the Treaty with Austria, including Article 35 and the appropriate parts of [Page 600] Article 42, the Commission will at its forthcoming meetings begin discussion of the question of the basic types of German assets in Austria referred to in paragraph 2 and will in this connection examine the proposals of the different Delegations regarding those concrete facts which have important significance.
- The Commission shall examine: the oil industry, Danube shipping, financial institutions (including insurance companies), industry and State property. The Commission shall carry out this examination in such a way as to ensure that the whole field of discussion is adequately covered and that the examination of one subject is not delayed by the unduly prolonged examination of any other subject. The order of initial discussion will be as set forth in this paragraph.
- Unless the Commission otherwise agrees, after the discussion of Article 35 and the appropriate parts of Article 42 provided for in paragraphs 1 and 2 above, the Commission will refer to the Committee of Experts the questions relating to the establishment of concrete facts which, in the opinion of the Commission, require further study.
- Those meetings of the Commission which are devoted to the examination of the basic types of German assets in accordance with the procedure set out in paragraphs 1, 2 and 3 above shall be closed sessions and no information will be issued to the Press unless the Commission shall decide otherwise.
- This proposal was agreed upon at the Commission’s 21st Meeting, June 18, 1947. Telegram 519, June 18, from Vienna, not printed, reported that agreement on this proposal was facilitated by resort to the device of including interpretations of and statements regarding the wording of the proposal in the Commission’s Record of Decisions (supra) (740.0011 EW (Peace)/6–1847).↩