740.00119 Control (Japan)/l–746
Memorandum by the State–War–Navy Coordinating Committee to the Secretary of State
Subject: Reform of the Japanese Governmental System.
|References:||a. SWNCC 228.28|
|b. SWNCC 228/1.29|
At its 32nd meeting the State–War–Navy Coordinating Committee, after amending, approved SWNCC 228 in light of the comments of the Joint Chiefs of Staff contained in reference b.
Copies number 60 and 65 of the revised approved paper (SWNCC 228) and SWNCC 228/1 are forwarded for information.
Copies of these papers have been forwarded to the Secretary of War, Secretary of the Navy and the Joint Chiefs of Staff for their information.
It is requested that the Department of State transmit the enclosed copies number 60 of SWNCC 228 and SWNCC 228/1 to the American Representative on the Far Eastern Commission30 for his guidance in negotiations with the other members of the Commission on the formulation of an Allied policy on the reform of the Japanese Government.
It is further requested that the Department of State advise the American Representative that no parts of these papers are to be released to the press at present.31
- Annex 1, November 27, 1945, as revised January 7, infra.↩
- Annex 2, p. 102.↩
- Maj. Gen. Frank R. McCoy, U.S. Army (retired).↩
- Major General McCoy was duly informed on January 14.↩
- As revised January 7, 1946.↩
- Not printed.↩
- Brackets appear in the original appendix “A”.↩
- See note to the Swiss Chargé
(Grässli), August 11, 1945,
Foreign Relations, 1945, vol. vi, p. 631.↩
- September 21, 1945; for text, see department of State Bulletin, September 23, 1945, p. 423.↩
- Annex, 1, p. 99.↩