428. National Security Council Intelligence Directive No. 80
BIOGRAPHICAL DATA ON FOREIGN SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNOLOGICAL PERSONALITIES
Pursuant to the provisions of Section 102 of the National Security Act of 1947 and for the purpose enunciated in paragraph d(4) thereof, [Page 1115]the primary responsibility for the maintenance of Biographical Data on Foreign Scientific and Technological Personalities is assigned to the Central Intelligence Agency.
- To implement this undertaking, the following procedures are
- Departmental intelligence agencies shall continue to collect, analyze, and abstract biographical data on foreign scientific and technological personalities in accordance with their needs.
- Departmental intelligence agencies shall forward to the Central Intelligence Agency, in the manner most satisfactory to the Department concerned, all biographical data originating within their respective Departments, or complete documentary references thereto, on foreign scientific and technological personalities.
- The Central Intelligence Agency shall codify and index all such data received, including such data as may be received from all sources, and shall incorporate the actual material received in its files.
- All biographical data on foreign scientific and technological personalities maintained by the Central Intelligence Agency shall be readily available to the participating Departments and Agencies.
- Source: National Archives and Records Administration, RG 59, Records of the Department of State, Records of the Executive Secretariat, NSC Files: Lot 66 D 148, Dulles–Jackson–Correa Report, Annex 14. Secret.↩