322. National Intelligence Authority Directive No. 100
EMPLOYMENT OF RESERVE OFFICERS AS AGENTS
The following overall policies and objectives are established by the National Intelligence Authority for the employment of reserve officers of the military services as agents abroad:
- Members in the reserve of one military service shall ordinarily not be employed as agents by, and then only after informing, the other service.
- When reserve personnel are employed as agents, procedures requiring them to report to local State, War and Navy representatives shall be eliminated.
- When casual agents are employed by one department their activities shall be coordinated with all other such activities by the Director of Central Intelligence.
- Source: National Archives and Records Administration, RG 218, Records of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Leahy Files, No. 132. Secret.↩