252. Memorandum From the Executive Secretary (Souers) to the Members of the National Security Council0
COORDINATION OF FOREIGN INFORMATION MEASURES
- SANACC 304/11
- NSC Action No. 111
At its second meeting the National Security Council referred SANACC 304/11 to the National Security Council Staff for revision in the light of the comments at the meeting. The enclosed report has been prepared pursuant to that directive, after consultation with representatives of the Departments of State, the Army, the Navy and the Air Force, and of the Central Intelligence Agency.
It is recommended that the National Security Council approve the enclosed report and authorize its submission to the President, with the recommendation that he approve the “Conclusions” contained therein and direct that they be implemented by all appropriate executive departments and agencies of the U.S. Government under the coordination of the Secretary of State.
- Source: National Archives and Records Administration, RG 273, Records of the National Security Council, NSC Minutes, 4th Meeting. Confidential. Copies sent to the President, the Secretaries of State, Defense, the Army, the Navy, and the Air Force, and the Chairman of the National Security Resources Board. For an early version of this document, see the memorandum from “REN” to Souers, November 25, and the two undated attachments (ibid.) in the Supplement.↩
- NSC Action No. 11, taken at the NSC meeting on November 14, referred SANACC 304/11 to the NSC Staff for revision based on the comments at the meeting. (National Archives and Records Administration, RG 273, Records of the National Security Council, Record of Actions, Box 55)↩
- Printed from a copy that bears this typed signature.↩
- Confidential. The word “Draft” at the top of the first page has been crossed through. The typewritten date December 9 was changed by hand to December 17.↩
- The appendix, not found, lists agencies and offices of the Departments of State, the Army, the Navy, and the Air Force involved in the dissemination of information overseas.↩