824.51/966: Telegram

The Under Secretary of State (Welles) to the Secretary of State

22. The Bolivian Foreign Minister asked me again this morning to expedite the decision regarding the advance presented in our No. 18, September 26, 8 p.m.

I should appreciate it if the Department could secure a definite reply by Saturday at the latest. In view of the genuineness of the need and the character of the security, I believe it important that an agreement be reached.