The Secretary of State to the Minister in Honduras (Keena)
Washington, September 26, 1935—7 p.m.
43. Your telegram No. 48, September 24, 4 p.m.
- Full power authorizing you to sign trade agreement is being prepared and will be sent you by airmail.
- The Department will seek final approval of the agreement at this end as soon as you report that it is acceptable to the Honduran Government. Any changes which may still be suggested by the latter will be considered and worked out prior to seeking such approval here.
- Please forward by airmail final approved Spanish text for review here prior to signature.
- The press release is in course of preparation. Please ascertain whether text thereof should be forwarded to you for prior approval by the Honduran Government and whether the latter desires full text of agreement to be released at time of signature or if not when this may be done. We would like if possible to release full text at time of signature.
- The Department assumes that the signed agreement will be submitted for ratification to the Honduran Congress during its session beginning January 1, 1936.