Mr. Snowden to Mr. Foster.


Mr. Snowden anticipating a possible refusal of payment of reasonable indemnity or return of the missionary and further postponement of decision on the part of the minister for foreign affairs with whom he expects to have an interview on Thursday, asks whether he will be authorized to propose arbitration of the whole case. He asks for definite instructions as to what he should do if the Spanish Government should reject that proposition.