14. Memorandum From Director of Central Intelligence Turner to the President’s Assistant for National Security Affairs (Brzezinski)1
- Egyptian President Anwar al-Sadat’s Perceptions of the Camp David Summit as of 18 August 1978
1. Attached for your information is a report [1 line not declassified] concerning Egyptian President Anwar al-Sadat’s observations of the Camp David Summit in which he has expressed hope for the attainment of two separate but related achievements.
2. This information, [less than 1 line not declassified], is a raw report, not finally evaluated intelligence. The report is also being made available to the Secretary of State.
- Source: Carter Library, National Security Affairs, Staff Material, Middle East, Subject File, Box 9, Camp David Talks: [State Department Briefing Book]: 9/78. Secret; Sensitive. A handwritten notation on the document reads: “Outside the System. Bill Quandt.”↩
- Secret; Sensitive.↩
Foreign Relations,1977–1980, vol. VIII, Arab-Israeli Dispute, January 1977–August 1978, footnote 4, Document 187 .↩