- The Secretary of State
- The Secretary of Defense
- The Chairman, Atomic Energy Commission
- The Director, Arms Control and Disarmament Agency
- The Director of Central Intelligence
- The President’s Science Adviser
- Cape Keraudren Nuclear Excavation Project and the Limited Test Ban Treaty
The President has directed that a study be prepared on the relationship of the Cape Keraudren nuclear excavation project to the Limited Test Ban Treaty and the various options by which we might proceed with the project.
The study should be prepared by an ad hoc NSC group under the chairmanship of a representative of the Secretary of State, with representatives of the Secretary of Defense, Chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission, Director of the Arms Control and Disarmament Agency, Director of Central Intelligence, Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs, and the President’s Science Adviser.
The study should be forwarded to the National Security Council Review Group by March 17, 1969.