8. Memorandum of Conversation1
- Meeting With The President
- Air Chief Marshal Dawee Chullasapya, Thai Minister of Communications Arun Panupong, Thai Chargé d’Affaires
- United States
- U. Alexis Johnson, Under Secretary for Political Affairs
- Moncrieff J. Spear, Country Director, Thailand/Burma
Referring to his meeting with the President at the reception the previous evening,2 Dawee said he had had a good talk. The President has asked his views on Viet-Nam. He had replied that every day that went by was a loss of time because American casualties continued to grow. He also relayed a message from the Prime Minister that following the bombing halt the situation in Southeast Asia had gotten worse. One way or another, we should find a way to resume bombing in North Viet-Nam. Dawee also felt that we should be prepared to use South Viet-Nam ground forces to cut the infiltration. They were both capable and had the will to do this job.