372. National Security Action Memorandum No. 1441
- The Vice President (as Chairman, National Aeronautics and Space Council)
- The Secretary of Defense
- The Secretary of Commerce
- Administrator, National Aeronautics and Space Agency
- Director, Bureau of the Budget
- Director, Office of Emergency Planning
- Assignment of Highest National Priority to the Apollo Manned Lunar Landing Program
In response to a recommendation by the National Aeronautics and Space Council, which approved a proposal by the Administrator, National Aeronautics and Space Agency, the President under the authority granted by the Defense Production Act of 1950 today established the program listed below as being in the highest national priority category for research and development and for achieving operational capability.
Apollo (manned lunar landing program, including essential spacecraft, launch vehicles, and facilities).
- Source: Kennedy Library, National Security Files, Departments and Agencies Series, Space Activities, General, April–May 1962, Box 307. Confidential. A copy was sent to General Maxwell Taylor.↩